The MiLB Associates Program offers an immersive baseball leadership experience to post-graduate students, enhancing their understanding of Minor League Baseball operations through a valuable, hands-on opportunity with the league office and our clubs. This paid internship program begins with orientation in January and concludes with a team project presentation and attendance at the Baseball Winter Meetings in December. The goal of this program is to prepare entry-level professionals for a career in sports, especially Minor League Baseball. During this year-long program, Associates will gain an in-depth understanding of the department in which they are assigned and exposure to all other aspects of Minor League Baseball.
The Associate, Marketing Strategy & Research will assist with all marketing functions supporting the U.S. Hispanic/Latino fan engagement initiative, and thus play an integral role for MiLB League-based marketing operations, and all 72 Copa-participating Clubs.
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing Strategy & Research
Status: Intern (Temporary, Full-time)
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Work Hours: TBD, up to 40 hours/week
Desired Start Date: January 14, 2019
End Date: December 20, 2019
- Play a central project management role as the daily liaison between MiLB’s League-based marketing operations and the 72 Clubs participating in the Copa event series
- Track ongoing event series metrics - e.g., game attendance, merchandise sales, etc. - and provide weekly reports on results, trends, opportunities for improvement, etc.
- Research marketplace activity specific to the U.S. Hispanic/Latino consumer segment, and offer recommendations to improve MiLB and its Clubs’ ongoing fan engagement effort targeting this high-potential fan community
- Support other MiLB League business-building activities, as needed
- Contribute ideas and activation strategies based on hands-on experiences and/or education-based learnings
- Communicate efficiently with internal departments on requested projects to ensure objectives are clearly understood and met
- Actively participate in all MiLB Associates Program activities and projects
- Execute other projects or tasks as assigned by Vice President, Marketing Strategy & Research
- Support other MiLB League business-building activities, as needed and requested