The Florida State League of Professional Baseball Clubs (FSL) is seeking an experienced executive to fill the position of League President. The 12-team FSL (Class A Advanced) is affiliated with Major League Baseball. The President reports to the League Directors and works closely with the League Executive Committee (four Directors).
- Represent the FSL at all times with professionalism and dignity in all National Association (MiLB) matters. Strong relationship with MiLB leadership is a must.
- Supervise the League's affairs including the enforcement of FSL Rules and Bylaws.
- Responsible for managing League finances, including the development, implementation and oversight of the League's annual budget, collecting team dues and overseeing the annual audit.
- Preside over all League meetings using Roberts Rules of Order.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating League umpires, including travel, compensation and insurance matters.
- Provide leadership and direction to League employees.
- Provide structure and guidance to each of the League's committees.
- Assist in developing the League playing schedule.
- Communicate with each member club's Farm Director, Field Manager and General Managers as necessary. Responsible for oversight of all disciplinary action, levying of fines, All-Star voting, etc.
- Provide oversight during League transactions, territorial rights discussions and baseball related debt items.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Committee and the League Directors.