In support of our vision to 'be a dynamic leader in sport and entertainment,' MiLB is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining industry-leading talent.
The Director of Diversity and Inclusion educates and implements diversity training to member clubs, serving as main advocate and champion for Minor League Baseball’s Diversity Initiative.
Reports to: Chief Finance Officer (CFO); President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
- Collaborate with President to create commitment to the MiLB Diversity Initiative, focusing on the five core areas of the program: Ownership, Executives, Employees, Fan Base and B2B
- Develop programs to attract, retain and promote diversity and inclusion in all Minor League Clubs, determining the appropriateness of introducing diversity initiative by considering the unique situations and geographic challenges of the Minor League Clubs
- Serve as main contact and spokesperson for Minor League Clubs and office regarding diversity
- Educate employees, managers and ownership on how to recognize, accommodate and appreciate individual differences and how these can be bridges back to assist in meeting company business plans
- Assist in promoting a diverse and inclusive work environment, where diversity is viewed in the broadest sense - including age, ethnicity, gender, appearance, race, physical abilities, religion, social-economic background, political affiliation, sexual orientation, thinking styles and life experiences
- Create e-learning diversity training materials and coordinate online trainings for ownership and employees
- Develop metrics for measuring the effectiveness of diversity initiative, providing annual reports and statistics to the President/CEO
- Drive the relationships between D&I, Human Resources, senior leaders , club owners and employees
- Keep current on diversity programs and developments by maintaining contact with others in the field (e.g., professional association and educational groups, professional development efforts); Continuously acquire information and educate membership on new trends, statistics, solutions and options, bringing new and fresh ideas to the initiative
- Analyze surveys and statistics to be able to effectively manage and inform clubs as to opportunities and benefits of an encompassing diversity initiative
- Other projects as assigned by the President/CEO and Director of Human Resources