The MiLB Associates
Program offers an immersive baseball leadership experience to post-graduate
students, enhancing their understanding of Minor League Baseball operations
through a valuable, hands-on opportunity with the league office and our clubs.
This paid internship program begins with orientation in January and concludes
with a team project presentation and attendance at the Baseball Winter Meetings
in December. The goal of this program is to prepare entry-level professionals
for a career in sports, especially Minor League Baseball. During this year-long
program, Associates will gain an in-depth understanding of the department in
which they are assigned and exposure to all other aspects of Minor League
The Associate, Special Events assists the Special Events & Programming department with the preparation and execution of Minor League Baseball (MiLB) special events with a focus on registration and housing.
Reports to: Manager, Special Events & Affiliate Programming
Status: Intern (Temporary, Full-time)
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Work Hours: Up to 40 hours/week
Desired Start Date: January 13, 2020
End Date: December 18, 2020
- Travel, attend and work as a respectable representative at the MiLB Innovators Summit and Baseball Winter Meetings (BWMs); greet guests and maintain professionalism during events.
- Assist with planning of internal events such as Minor League Baseball University, league meetings and staff functions; create event orders, room sets, agendas, etc.
- Manage 2020 MiLB Courtesy Pass requests and distribution for MiLB and MLB clubs and league offices.
- Work closely with Special Events team to coordinate registration and housing for Innovators Summit and Baseball Winter Meetings through internal database.
- Distribute registration materials to attendees before event, field calls and provide customer service to attendees on questions pertaining to event; process registration and housing forms by collecting and organizing mail and email applications.
- Assist team with event social media and marketing strategies by contributing perspective and setting up arranged marketing schedules.
- Contribute to content pertaining to e-newsletters, including coding content and graphics (code training will be provided).
- Assist Manager, Special Events & Affiliate Programming with internal programming throughout the year.
- Assist with various administrative activities leading up to events and while on-site.
- Proofread and provide input on various websites and print copy.
- Collate various information and worksheets to provide analytical data to Special Events team.
- Collect information (surveys, social engagements, etc.) and assist in creating post-event reports on each initiative.
- Assist with MiLB Charities; projects could include execution of league-wide initiatives, assisting with initiative reporting, assisting with development, item collection and execution of MiLB Charities auctions.
- Actively participate in all MiLB Associates Program activities and projects.
- Perform other departmental and company-wide tasks and projects as assigned.