The MiLB Associates Program offers an immersive baseball leadership experience to post-graduate students, enhancing their understanding of Minor League Baseball operations through a valuable, hands-on opportunity with the league office and our clubs. This paid internship program begins with orientation in January and concludes with a team project presentation and attendance at the Baseball Winter Meetings in December. The goal of this program is to prepare entry-level professionals for a career in sports, especially Minor League Baseball. During this year-long program, Associates will gain an in-depth understanding of the department in which they are assigned and exposure to all other aspects of Minor League Baseball.
The Associate, Digital Marketing & Analytics assists the Digital department with a variety of sports-digital related tasks, with a concentration in digital marketing, communications and analytics support.
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Digital Marketing & Communications
Status: Intern (Temporary, Full-time)
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Work Hours: Up to 40 hours/week
Start Date: January 13, 2020
End Date: December 18, 2020
- Assist in researching, writing, compiling, and monitoring monthly, club-facing digital newsletters.
- Assist in the research and activation of the 2020 digital marketing strategy and promotional calendar.
- Prepare weekly updates and performance reports to track growth and success rates of marketing campaigns.
- Gather and analyze monthly reporting and analytics for overall traffic for the MiLB digital network.
- Assist in the research and preparation of digital marketing educational material to share with Minor League Baseball Clubs.
- Provide creative digital ideas and solutions for Minor League Baseball Official Partners based on partner goals and objectives.
- Research and prepare custom-tailored data from MiLB's digital network for potential national partner pitches based off partner goals and objectives.
- Assist with website and creative copywriting, proofing and updating, as needed.
- Recommend new ways to promote our digital content including videos, podcasts, and articles across all MiLB channels and platforms.
- Optimize and engage on the MiLB Twitter and Instagram accounts by providing fans fresh photography of new merchandise, while always maintaining MiLB's tone of voice.
- Assist with presentation and meeting preparation as needed.
- Develop and deliver an end-of-year presentation to the Digital team on how the MiLB digital fan has changed from 2019 to 2020, as well as provide and digital marketing or technology recommendations, specifically addressing who the digital fan is and recommended ways to engage and increase our conversion of this audience.
- Actively participate in all 2020 MiLB Associate Program activities and projects.
- Perform other departmental and company-wide duties as assigned.