The MiLB Associates Program offers an immersive baseball leadership experience to post-graduate students, enhancing their understanding of Minor League Baseball operations through a valuable, hands-on opportunity with the league office and our clubs. This paid internship program begins with orientation in January and concludes with a team project presentation and attendance at the Baseball Winter Meetings in December. The goal of this program is to prepare entry-level professionals for a career in sports, especially Minor League Baseball. During this year-long program, Associates will gain an in-depth understanding of the department in which they are assigned and exposure to all other aspects of Minor League Baseball.
The Associate, Communications will assist the Communications department with a variety of administrative tasks. Candidates must be available to be present in the designated area(s) during the entirety of the internship.
Reports to: Assistant Director, Corporate Communications
Status: Intern (Temporary, Full-time)
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
Work Hours: Up to 40 hours/week
Start Date: January 13, 2020
End Date: December 18, 2020
- Assist in writing and editing press releases, letters, newsletters, scripts, website stories and other company collateral, as assigned
- Proofread departmental, company-wide and/or partner materials for consistency, grammatical errors and formatting
- Research topics, when necessary, for inquiries and projects
- Assist and support other company departments, as requested by supervisor(s)
- Support department's baseball communications and business communications functions
- Draft pitches and perform outreach to media as assigned
- Actively participate in all MiLB Associate Program activities and projects
- Perform other departmental and company-wide tasks and projects as assigned by the Assistant Director, Corporate Communications and Senior Director, Communications