The MiLB Associates Program offers an immersive baseball leadership experience to post-graduate students, enhancing their understanding of Minor League Baseball operations through a valuable, hands-on opportunity with the league office and our clubs. This paid internship program begins with orientation in January and concludes with a team project presentation and attendance at the Baseball Winter Meetings in December. The goal of this program is to prepare entry-level professionals for a career in sports, especially Minor League Baseball. During this year-long program, Associates will gain an in-depth understanding of the department in which they are assigned and exposure to all other aspects of Minor League Baseball.
The Associate, Graphic Design produces engaging design solutions with high visual impact. This position will work with a variety of departments, including Brand Development, Social, Marketing, and Digital on amplification of the MiLB brand. This role is a balance of working with team-specific templated assets, as well as projects that involve complete creative control.
Reports to: Manager, Brand Development
Status: Intern (Temporary, Full-Time)
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Work Hours: Up to 40 hours/week
Start Date: January 13, 2020
End Date: December 18, 2020
- Develop new design concepts to promote MiLB's "It's Fun to be a Fan"/ "Es Divertido Ser un Fan"
- Update and customize style guides for internal and external distribution
- Amplify content being used on social platforms to further engage fans
- Work inter-departmentally to ensure consistent brand messaging
- Grow professional portfolio
- Actively participate in all MiLB Associates Program activities and projects
- Perform other departmental and company-wide tasks and projects as assigned