The Manager, Partnership Marketing is responsible for managing strategic Minor League Baseball (MiLB) partnership programs. This position focuses on driving commercial value for each MiLB partner leveraging property specific assets and ownership platforms. In addition, this role will work very closely with other Enterprise business units and key constituents including Marketing Strategy & Research, Business Development & Media, MLBAM (Baseball Advanced Media) and each of the 160 membership clubs. The role will play an integral role in overall partner growth and retention efforts for MiLB.
Reports to: Director, Partnership Marketing
Location: St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with clients and clubs; serving as liaison and striving to drive enterprise-wide commercial value
- Serve as a strategic resource to partners, external vendors and clubs with a keen focus on long-term value creation
- Leverage the MiLB enterprise (Senior Execs, Board Members, etc.) to develop top to top relationships at each MiLB partner and applicable agencies
- Embrace and execute the MiLB Growth and Retention Model flawlessly, focused on developing long-term institutional partnerships
- Generate and evaluate pre-, post- and mid-season reports to assist in assessing overall effectiveness of the current partnerships; present data to communicate ongoing value
- Collaborate with internal staff to effectively create, revise and renew sponsorship contracts, and to improve sales, marketing and sponsorship services strategies
- Manage production and installation of ballpark signage, placement of print advertisement, coordination of hospitality efforts to ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within budget and with superior quality
- Work closely with Marketing Strategy & Research; identify and develop progressive marketing platforms designed to drive promotional value to MiLB and commercial value for applicable partners
- Partner with relevant department(s) to integrate and activate social media and public relations plans, adequately generating buzz and promoting partnership activities
- Work with licensing and internal graphics staff on the quality control review of client creative material to promote sponsorship activities while maintaining integrity and consistent branding of MiLB
- Organize client digital campaigns with Major League Baseball Advanced Media (MLBAM) for MiLB.com
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by Director, Partnership Marketing and Chief Marketing & Commercial Officer (CM&CO)