The Specialist, Payroll & Benefits administers Minor League
Baseball’s employee payroll and benefits processes. The Specialist
also maintains MiLB’s employee information integrity and assists with
the organization and coordination of human resources and finance
department projects and processes.
Reports to: Director, Human Resources & Controller
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Payroll & Benefits
- Process payroll for the National Association of Professional
Baseball Leagues (NAPBL), Gulf Coast League (GCL), and various
- Provide guidance to employees on all payroll questions, update
data accordingly and ensure proper record retention.
- Process employee payroll deductions, expense reimbursements, and
other payroll changes.
- Ensure year-end W2 verification and distribution.
- Administer employee benefits programs, including health, flexible
spending accounts, dental, vision, accident and disability, life
insurance, retirement, and wellness benefits.
- Coordinate annual benefits enrollment meeting and process.
- Work with providers to assist employees with benefits related
questions and issues.
- Track FMLA and other leave and time off policies as necessary.
- Manage employee expense reimbursement processes.
- Ensure distribution of required employee notices.
- Reconcile insurance bills on a monthly basis, working with finance
department as needed.
- Assist in the annual renewal process of any applicable benefits plans.
- Maintain employee benefits files and ensure benefits enrollments,
changes, and terminations are entered appropriately in benefits and
- Organize, maintain and update employee HRIS data as needed.
- Create new employee electronic files; ensure all new hire items
are complete and employee records are filed correctly and kept confidential.
- Point of contact on requests for employment verifications,
garnishments, unemployment claims, reemployment assistance, and
other HR related matters.
- Assist with implementation of new HRIS; continuously assist with
evaluating systems and processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist with development and maintenance of HR and Finance
SharePoint site and pages.
- Assist with new-hire onboarding including completing background
checks, administering employee handbook and ensuring all necessary
paperwork is completed and filed appropriately.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by the HR Director or Controller.