The Manager of PBEO Job Fair & Recruiting manages the
programming, marketing, and execution of the Professional Baseball
Employment Opportunities (PBEO) platform and job fair and creates and
executes strategies to recruit a talented, diverse pipeline of
candidates for openings throughout the industry. This position will
promote and leverage the MiLB Associates Program to attract early
career talent and facilitate full-time conversion opportunities. This
individual works closely with hiring managers and leaders across the
Minor League Baseball organization, maintains strong relationships
with candidates and industry partners, and serves as an MiLB
"Brand Ambassador" to demonstrate why It’s Fun to Work at MiLB.
Work Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm
Professional Baseball Employment Opportunities (PBEO)
- Manage the PBEO website, including enhancing and expanding the
PBEO platform, updating the style and content as needed; manage PBEO
system conversion to and utilization of Oleeo.
- Develop and promote advertising plans for the PBEO program and Job
Fair; market to colleges, universities, and other resources to
advertise the Job Fair and data bank membership, and work with
Special Events & Programming department to ensure established
sales goals are reached.
- Promote and publish PBEO monthly eNewsletter to data bank members
and clubs; increase distribution as special events approach.
- Work with Brand Development to create marketing materials for the
PBEO Job Fair.
- Work with Special Events department and on-site hotel, convention
center and/or show decorator on logistics of PBEO Job Fair.
- Serve as main point of contact on site for the PBEO Job Fair;
issue credentials, coordinate and approve job postings, direct
on-site Associates and Interns with appropriate duties.
- Develop innovative recruitment marketing strategies for job fairs,
hiring events, and other outreach to help Clubs grow the MiLB brand
in their communities.
- Provide full cycle recruiting for the MiLB Associates Program and
develop process for conversion to full-time opportunities in the
industry; support and help to organize Associate events, workshops
and relevant programming.
- Develop a process for continuous engagement with former MiLB
Associates and Interns.
- Promote diversity in the workplace and ensure recruiting
strategies attract diverse candidates.
- Serve as point of contact for Clubs to provide recruitment counsel
and guidance through employment data, metrics, and best practices.
- Utilize ATS/Oleeo analytics to identify workforce trends; develop
and manage weekly/quarterly/annual staffing and requisition reports.
- Partner with Marketing, Digital, and other relevant departments to
enhance the visual appeal and content of MiLB’s careers site.
- Assist Director of Human Resources and Diversity & Inclusion
department in the development and maintenance of MiLB standard
operating procedures (SOPs) for recruiting, interviewing, and selection.
- Support MiLB office recruitment by leveraging various resources to
source talented candidates including social media, job fairs,
community-based organizations, print media, and sports/entertainment networks.
- Assist with development and facilitation of consistent MiLB new
hire onboarding across the MiLB organization.
- Lead/attend events and functions to assist in enhancing awareness
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.